Students (6-12 grade)
Student ministry exists to support parents and families in making disciples of our middle and high school age men and women (Mt 28:19; Eph 6:4; Prov. 22:6). We desire to lovingly labor towards this goal: the salvation and equipping of our young people (Gen 12:3b; Acts 16:30-34; Eph 4:11-16), specifically that they would be transformed into men and women that are:
- believing God and repenting of sin (1 Jn 1:9; Gal 3:2-9; Mt 5:29-30)
- mature and qualified in character (1 Tim 3:1-13; 4:12; Gal 5:22-23)
- wise and discerning (Gen 41:39; Prov 28:7)
- obedient to parents and authorities (Eph 6:1; Rom 13)
- caring towards siblings (Mk 10:13-16; 1 Jn 3:16; 4:20; Gen 4:9)
- pure in the midst of a corrupt culture (Phil 2:15)
- united to and serving as part of the larger church body (Jn 17:20-21; Gal 6:10; 1 Pet 4:10-11)
- responsible in school, work, and other commitments (Eccl 5:5; Lk 16:10-11)
- committed to prayer and the Word
- standing firm against the temptations and teachings of this demonic world (1 Cor 10:13; Eph 6:10-13; 2 Pet 2:1-3)
Throughout the year there are different events, retreats, and community service opportunities for our students to be a part of, the three regular meeting times are Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, and Wednesday nights.
Our Sunday school morning classes are generally separated by grade and are curriculum based. The goal is provide our young men and women with a broad and sound biblical foundation.
On Sunday nights we gather for a student worship service, which includes a time of singing to the Lord, listening to his word preached, and then digesting that preached word together in more personal small groups for the purpose of discipleship.
Lastly, on Wednesday nights we are gathering at church family host homes from 6-8pm. The goal of these Wednesday Night Socials is to deepen our friendships and be more mission-minded as we do random acts of kindness and enjoy various games together.