…You shall raise up the foundations of many generations…Isaiah 58:12
Mt. Zion KIDS intentionally seeks to come alongside parents in raising up a new generation of believers to stand on the word of God and walk in its truth. Our choices in curriculum (Desiring God, Answers in Genesis, Generations of Grace) and activities are driven by several key concepts:
- Biblically Driven: Covering the Old Testament historical books, the life of Christ, the birth and growth of the church, and lessons from the book of Revelation.
- God-Centered: magnifying God by studying His character in the pages of Scripture.
- Christ Exalting: glorifying Christ as the pinnacle of God’s redemptive plan.
- Gospel Saturated: pointing children to Christ as the only way of salvation.
- Family Focused: uniting the family around the same passage of Scripture each Sunday and throughout the week.
- The Bible is Trustworthy: We can trust all of God’s Word beginning in Genesis! While showing that Scripture is absolutely true, our curriculum and resources emphasize the importance of carefully and accurately interpreting the Bible.
Apologetics: Research shows two-thirds of young people walk away from the church. That usually means they are walking away from the beliefs of their parents, too. One reason is that children are not being taught answers to the skeptical questions of the day. We must be ready to give an answer for what we believe and our goal is to equip young and old with facts from culture, history, and science to defend the Bible against common skeptical questions.
- Biblical Historicity: The Bible presents true history, not made-up "stories." We teach through the whole Bible to give your students a powerful, worldview-shaping overview of God’s Word.
- God's Attributes: God’s attributes are displayed throughout the Bible! As students discover the character of God, they are encouraged to grow more conformed to the image of Christ.
- God's Redemptive Plan (Salvation): God’s plan of redemption is woven throughout Scripture. From Genesis to Revelation, our teaching traces the “scarlet thread” of the gospel to reveal this unified theme in the Bible.
- Life Application: We are to live in light of what the Bible teaches. We seek to bring the Bible’s teaching to bear on everyday life, impacting all ages with easy, practical applications.
(From Answers Bible Curriculum and Generations of Grace)
If you are new to Mt. Zion, you will find the Mt. Zion Kids Ministry on the second floor with easy access from the back parking lot through the covered entryway. Upon entering you will find a welcome desk with someone to register your children and help you find the right location for you and your child.
At Mt. Zion KIDS we take the safety and security of your child(ren) very seriously. Our volunteer staff has been background checked and hand-picked to ensure a warm, loving, Christ-centered environment. Mt. Zion KIDS has a state-of-the-art check-in system for children used during Mt. Zion KIDS activities. As members and returning visitors check in their child(ren) into their classrooms, a name tag and a security sticker are printed.
Please click the links below for more information regarding Preschool and Elementary Ministries.